New Book: Bring The Outdoors In


Reading the latest news from the Trend Tablet, I found out that New York-based stylist Shane Powers is releasing his first book, ‘Bring The Outdoors In’ (Chronicle, 2013). 

Those of you who've been to my interior design classes, know how much I stress (to the point of.... irritation?) the importance bringing the outdoors in - of blurring the borders between inside and out - as much as possible. Especially when you stage a home for sale. 

Now there is a book packed with ideas on how you can do this. A must have. Just look at these photos by Gentl & Hyers



Powers says here: I didn’t start working on botanicals until I got a job as a photo stylist for the groundbreaking publication Bloom. The founder, Lidewij Edelkoort, encouraged me to think beyond traditional uses, and focus on plants and flowers as more dynamic elements. I began to look at their shapes, colors, and textures with a new perspective… 

While trends in flowers and gardening may come and go, the ideas in this book have a timeless appeal to be enjoyed and referenced for years to come. The projects are not gardening projects; they are three-dimensional still lifes, miniature worlds designed to enhance your interiors



WABI SABI interior design art photography
Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Great post! I'm not sure if I'd want to bring the outdoors in or not though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I guess it has to do with how you do it. And where you live... ROAR ;-)

      Delete
  2. Uau! Amazing. Definitely it´s a must-have book :)
    Thanks for sharing.

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm waiting for my copy to arrive. Hope it livs up to my expectations!

      Delete
  3. Sensational blog! I just discovered through Odyssey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wIt to see this book Lisbeth. Searching for it has brought me to your wonderful blog, which Im looking forward to seArching now! Caroline :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always thought it is really difficult to bring the outdoors inside. I have tried in the past with some bonsai trees haven't given it a thought. Book would be a good start. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My comment is regarding wabi sabi. I have weakness for anything japanese.i likedto read about wabi sabi, and also your blog which has art and ideas for free!!!thank you.
    Seetha

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.