19 Century Workers Apartment going City Chic


Years ago I planned to buy one quarter of a house, with a stunning view of the river which runs through my city. Then I got a job in Stockholm and had to abandon the idea. Now, one apartment is for sale, and my dream of living in the center of the city, still hidden away from all the buzz, is awakened. Wouldn't you love to live in a place like this, and take the ferry to work each morning? 

The 19 century wooden houses were built for families who moved to the city to work at the docks. Each house had eight apartments (one room and a kitchen). One hundred year later, the city planned to tear them down, since the standard was too poor. (We found pigeons had taken over the attic in the house we planned to buy!)

I left town, but others bought the houses and went ahead with the renovations. Check out these images and see how one of the apartments turned out. Love! All images via Stadshem






WABI SABI interior design art photography
Pin It